Monday, November 28, 2011

Other Parks

Big gap @ Morrell Park.  
 It took me 5 or so tries to stick it.  Visible is vert half of the park.  On the other side was a whole street section that was really fun.  Also not seen is a concrete 3/4 bowl.  There were a lot of kids here, maybe because it was the night before Thanksgiving.  Almost like a circus.

  Anthem Skate Park
Here I am riding my Sector Nine medium board at one of the nicest parks around.  The kids here were super good.  One, Antonio, was only 15 and could launch 4 feet out of the bowl.  I saw a BMX do a back flip.  I only shredded the stuff under the coping, but I hope to get better.
Some of the Guys at Anthem
 
MLK
This park was small and had good street skating.  The homeys there told us how to get to the trail head of Frenchmans Mtn.  After skating Heavy D and I hiked up it, and it started to get dark on the way down.  Once the road came into view, we looked down to where the car had been parked.  But we could not see it.  The thoughts that came to our heads were, "those kids from the skate park told us where to park, knowing we were going for a long walk, and they came up here and jacked our vehicle!"  Alas, only when we were very close to the car could we see it through the last remaining light of dusk.  We were both relieved to get back into it and drive down into town to eat In n Out.  Oh Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Mom told me to tell you to get a helmet. I say you patent your hairmet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that would be cool, but I should get one. Heavy D. said to note the donate button.

    ReplyDelete