Saturday, March 24, 2012

Reno, Nevada

I spent my day off with an old man who had climbed mount everest.  We toured around lake tahoe abd ended up down in the capital of Nevada, Carson City.  Afterwards we visited a skatepark in Reno that was a lot of fun.  The wind was so strong that it tugged my board away from me if I jumped. 

This park had a great snake bowl that you could pump down into a big bowl.  Then there were three bowls next to eachother, small to bigger.  Next to that was a huge bowl that had cool graffiti.  Opposite those bowls was a wide open street section.  The only bad part about it was that the surface was cracking, especially around the seams. 
  After Reno, we drove out of the dsert back to Truckee.  I even got to make a few ski runs at Squaw Valley, which completed my day.  Along with hanging out with JC Riley, a die hard mountaineer.  He plans to ride a special bike that you pedal with your arms instead of legs to Baja Mexico. 

No comments:

Post a Comment