Friday, November 25, 2011

Inspiration to Bring Home

    I am trying to visit every skate park in Las Vegas, Nevada, in hopes of getting ideas for building a skate park back home in Davis, W.V.  So far I have hit up 7 in three days, and I hear there are 26 or so, not including private ones or backyard pools.(not to mention the sweet ditches that are dry and totally rippable) 
    With a few hikes and morning runs I can say I am sore, but I go to sleep satisfied.  I awake early excited to discover new parks, meet new people, and rip.  I have skated on and off since a little one, and I am slowly progressing.  Just watching these Vegas kids shred is awesome, and I learn a lot from them.  Most that I have met are genuine people/punks, that I would gladly call a friend.  I skate a Sector Nine board that is heavier than a trick deck but half the size of a longboard.  The big wheels roll over any bump or crack in my way, and the old school shape makes me feel retro. 
    This blog is a way for you to see skating in the great Sin City, and also a way for me to document my adventures shredding the concrete waves.   
  I think we need a designated place to skate board back in Davis, W.V.  When I return home I hope to raise money to have a skate park built so that kids can really learn to do one of the most fun and challenging summer sports; skateboarding. 
    

2 comments: