Monday, February 13, 2012

Back on top

    I cannot even begin to tell you how thrilled I am to be skiing at the Squaw Valley, California.  After riding lifts like the KT-22, the Emmigrant, Gold Coast, and Granite Chief, I began to grasp just how big this ski area is.  4,000 skiable acres I think, and I still have not gone to Alpine Meadows, the neighboring resort that is supposedley where the good glades and rippers are.  I got to use my brand new season pass yesterday at Swquaw.  It was sunny, warm, and busy.  i rode bymself until someone called me out in the liftline.  "Hey, you were at my house the other night."  I couldn't remember his name, and he mine; he recognized the big black down jacket I was wearing that G let me borrow, and told me that he gave it away because it was too big.  We did a few runs together, then I ate some leftover Mexican Lasagna I had made the night before with Canaan, his roommate and little Kiwi guest.  After that I sat at the sushi, and G handed me over a free fried salmon skin handroll and two pieces of Nigiri salmon.  I sat next to a buddy who grew up at Deep Creek Lake and knows crazy Seanroy from LSD.  (Lake Shore Drive)  Outside I awaited G to finish work, hanging with my hostess Leslie and her Bermese Mountain Dog Luna.  All last night it snowed, we have 4-6 inches, and expect around a foot.  I am working for my first day at the Arc at Gold Coast, a lodge at the top of the Funitel lift.  I am stoked.  Snow, work, and skiing with friends makes life down right enjoyable.  I'll probably just be washing dishes today, but you have to start somewhere.  I think I will like this job; I've already met a few kids I will be working with, and they are young and fun like myself.  I look forward to ripping later this week...

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, it is good to be able to do what you enjoy, and have a little means for cash flow as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting a job and a season pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys... I sure feel better about the future having a job and somewhere to ski my butt off. I'm also doing The Great Ski Race on March 4th, from Tahoe City to Truckee. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete