Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Misty Oregon

    We got a soak in at Terwilleger Hot Springs.  These series of pools are fed by hot mineral water that flows out of a small cave. 
  In town we skated most of the day, talking with kids and enjoying the cloudy day.  IN the evening we drove up to Cougar Resevoir for some mountain time.
  There at the parking lot near the hot spring we talked to Derek, a man I met with my brother the last time I was at Cougar.  He is a preacher in Eugene, and after finding out we were low on money, graciously gave us 40 dollars.  We paid $18 to get into the hot springs, and the rest goes to food or gas.  Last night we erected a small shelter out of the big piece of plastic I have, pulled the back of the car up under it, and cooked pasta with tofu and soyrizo marinara.  Trey slept in the dry car, and Noah and I braved the wet ground.  I lay my mountaineer blanket down, then our pads, and finally our sleeping bags.  In the morning Noah complained of being on the wet side of the hill, and said he blocked all the water from soaking me.  I thanked him and proceeded to make breakfast; one bananna pancake each and a cup of coffee shared between us.  We broke down camp and arrived in town, enjoying more coffee and a butterhorn pastry.  Next door we bought day old blueberry bagels for a snack, and are watching the sky for sun so we can go skate.  
    The Oregon forests are wet and green, so I feel right at home.  If we can, Washington would be cool to visit, but it looks like the journey might start heading East.  We are thinking of going to the Country Fair, a music and arts festival.  We are in need of funds, so  may the universe provide.  Special thanks to Beth Hestick for the donation.  Much Love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment