Sunday, December 18, 2011

Skate L.A.

    I looked on http://www.socalskateparks.com/ website and found about twenty skate parks to visit.  Yesterday we looked at Culver City, but since it required helmets, we continued down to Venice for a walk around.  There we found a really awesome skate park, complete with snake bowls and street sections.  Being Saturday, it was full and surrounded by people watching.  I met some kids from San Diego who had driven up just to skate for the day.  On the way home we stopped off at an Indian restaurant.  At last, I got to see Ziggy Marley play at Club Nokia, and Ben Harper played one song with them, I Shot the Sheriff.  A truly inspiring musician, I recommend reggae for all people.  THe good vibrations work on the chill and uptight.  Beforehand, the metro ate 8 dollars and did not give me a ticket.  So I rode anyways and realized you do not need a ticket, you can just walk in and get on the subway. 
    Today we went to South East and looked at used bikes.  The man and his son had around 50 bikes in the back of their house, lots of road bikes, many collectors,   and some mountain bikes.  I didn't buy one, but Heavy D. did get some pedals for his touring bike.  Afterwards I drove to check out a skate park at Boyles Park.  This little park had a nice pond with trails around it; I saw ducks, grebes, and an egret.  The skate park was fully street, forcing me to practice my   ollies and such.  I met a Prince, Alfredo, who had moved a year ago from Mexico and was the only one of his family in L.A., Miguel, who was filming for a kid that was sick, Paco, Eric, and Will, who were bladers.  

1 comment:

  1. Mo,

    Are you still alive? Have you transformed into some strange hybrid hillbilly actor? Did you have a nice Christmas? We missed you. Post soon, please!

    ReplyDelete