Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Biscuit Fever

    Now that I am staying at my friend Jake's house, I have access to an oven, and therefore I am making biscuits once again.  Oh yes, yesterday we ate biscuits, bacon and eggs, and today I plan to cook biscuits with sausage gravy.  My mom, Jake and his dad and new Australian Shephard pup Maddy, Noah Noski Chipmunk McGee, lil' homey, Jeff and I all walked to the skatepark a few blocks away.  The heat yesterday was nice, and as lil' homey and I skated, the others chilled under a tree in the shade.  Right next door is Igneous Skis, so Jake was over there getting put to work and running to get beer for his friends there.  Afterwards I took mom to the Jackson Hole airport, which looked very small and was not busy.  Leaving the airport driving back to Jackson I thought it's not till someone is gone do you realize how much you love them.
    Back at Jakes with the crew we filled the hot tub with cold hose water, and got frigid just in time for the evening coolness to set in.  Jakes mom cooked up a storm of pasta and marinara, topped with grilled bratwursts cooked by Jake.  We watched a few ski and snowboard flicks, as we used to do with Jake.  All this winter talk has got lil' homey pumped for winter, as he has never slid on snow much.  Wyoming looks like paradise for summer and winter sports, and as Jackson has a sweet skate park with deep bowls and little jibs all over, I am tempted to take Jake up and move in for some skiing; this place is just like Tahoe in that everything is too expensive.  Right now the crew has to keep moving, onward to the Appalachians!
  Eat your biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment