Sunday, July 29, 2012

Wee, Wedding!

  Reunited with old friends I realize we are all pretty much the same people as we were many years ago, just bigger.  In a field with horses, stars glittering above, and the moon behind puffy clouds, I sat around a fire.  A night dew felt wet on my bare feet, and the sound of music issued from a red barn.  Too many mixed drinks I stumble into the field, letting my emotions come sobbing out of me.  So much love, so little time, I let the world have me.  I felt a soft warm nuzzle from one of the horses.  My spirit became lifted, and as I reached out my hand the huge head turned and continued munching grass.  Love is like a horse, calm, but easily spooked away.  I heard the laughter of my old neighbor, taking me back to the days of childhood.  All of this occasion watched by the mighty Tetons, grey against the night sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment