Saturday, January 7, 2012

Skatepark Campaign

  Skating is good exercise.  Sometimes you need a break...

  After reading some of http://www.skateparkguide.com/ I am a little more aware of what I'm up against.  I will need an organization and dedicated members to plan, promote, design, and construct a skatepark. 
  A skatepark will most likely cost around $250,000.  That is between $20-25/square foot.  This includes design fees and services, construction materials and labor.  A typical good park is between 18,000 and 25,000 square feet, and 10,000 square feet is the absolute minimum.
  A good park has a seperate beginner section, 5,000-8,000 sq. ft., a street course, 10,000-20,000 sq. ft., and vert. 
 

3 comments:

  1. Crap....looks like we'll just have to skate on our gravelly back roads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Have no fear, Skaters are everywhere. We can make this work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tom breach from WG (passer). I sent a guide addressed to M C @ WG. Free with S&H but I figure it should get to you eventually somehow.

    I can envision it riverside next to Hypno (moving to Thomas?).

    Big ups to your travels and expanding the mind!

    ReplyDelete