Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Winter in Warmth

    It has been sunny everyday here in California.  I spent my day on the beautiful river, and even jumped in a time or two.  The water felt like ice coming from the top of the mountain, and try as I might, I could not stay in longer than a moment or keep from yipping like a coyote.  This is gold country, so I decided to look around the river banks in the moss and in the silt.  I found three flecks that sparkle in the sunlight, but i know that not all that glitters is gold, so I'm skeptical as to whether it is real or fools gold, iron pyrite. 
    And last night I heard of something interesting.  Someone has been robbing banks with a skateboard as his getaway.

Skater Bandit on the Loose

FBI is asking for your help in finding a serial bank robber dubbed the "Skater Bandit"

    It is not me, just for the record.
The FBI, San Diego Sheriff's Department and the San Diego Police are asking for the public's help to find a serial bank robber dubbed the "Skater Bandit." The suspect is believed to have robbed the following banks, many of them in the North County, since April 18:
  • US Bank, 190 S. Rancho Santa Fe Rd., San Marcos, CA
  • Wells Fargo, 3820 Valley Centre Dr., San Diego, CA
  • Union Bank of CA, 200 W. D St., Encinitas, CA
  • Temecula  Valley Bank, 16469 Bernardo Center Dr., San Diego, CA
  • Temecula Valley  Bank, 985 Lomas Santa Fe Dr., Solana Beach, CA
  • US Bank, 2830 Via de la Valle, San Diego, CA

The latest in this string of robberies; the robbery of a Del Mar bank in broad daylight. It happened at the U.S. Bank in the 2800 block of Via De La Valle around 1:30 Monday afternoon. Just like all the other robberies, police say the suspect presented a teller with a demand note for cash then fled on foot. Police also say that the suspect did not use a weapon and no one was hurt.
The suspect is described as a young man who wears a hat, sunglasses, and gray sweater. There is a $16,000 reward for information leading to his arrest and conviction. Anyone with information concerning these robberies is asked to contact the FBI at 858-565-1255 or Crime Stoppers at 888-580-8477.
    Good luck Skater Bandit!

Peanut bowl at Hollywood Skatepark, Las Vegas.


2 comments:

  1. They'll never find you up in them thar hills.

    I wonder if they'd award me the full 16k if I turned in my own brother? No wonder he got us all really sweet Christmas presents....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! But the Nevada City police might catch me if I keep skating the streets!

    ReplyDelete